His specialties include forensic evaluations, social investigations, individual psychotherapy, family therapy, couples therapy, and psychological assessments. He is an expert diagnostician.
He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association in the fields of Psychotherapy, Independent Practice, and Health Psychology.
Among Dr. Silverman’s many Professional Honors, include the following:
- Board certified clinical psychologist
- Lifetime Achievement Award presented by the Florida Psychological Association
- Distinguished Psychologist for both the Division of Psychotherapy and Florida Psychological Association
- In 2011, the Florida Psychological Association named him Psychologist of the Year
- Fellow of the American Psychological Association
- Fellow of the Academy of Clinical Psychology
Among his many professional activities, Dr. Silverman is:
- Past President of the Florida Psychological Association
- Past President of the Dade County Psychological Association
- Past President of the Division of Psychotherapy of the American Psychological Association
- Editor of the journal, Psychotherapy for twelve years
In addition to private practice, Dr. Silverman has been:
- Professor and Chief of Psychology at Emory University Medical School in Atlanta
- Chairman of the Psychology Department at Barry University in Miami
- Associate Professor at the University of Illinois Medical School in Chicago
- Visiting Professor at Nova Southeastern University
- Currently a highly regarded Aventura Psychologist; practicing in Boca Raton and Coral Gables as well.